It’s easy to get overwhelmed when looking for a new casino, but we’re here to help! Our experts do all the hard work so that you don’t have to, and if we’ve recommended a site, you can be sure it’s worth joining.
Still, no casino is perfect and the ultimate decision comes down to the player, so this article will cover some of the most important things that players should consider, including positive signs as well as a few things to watch out for.
Once you’re ready to make your choice, take a look at our up-to-date directory of the best no wagering casinos.
An expert opinion is worth a lot, and if we vouch for a site, then you can be confident that it’s up there with the best of them! Considering positive reviews is also one of the most time-effective ways to assess a particular casino’s qualities.
Our reviews are in-depth and comprehensive, exploring the other points mentioned here, but also covering such crucial aspects as usability, licensing, specific promotions and banking options, range of games, availability of customer support and more.
As well as knowing what to look for in a casino, there are some warning signs that can be quite telling too. We’ve mentioned the importance of good reviews but, equally, if you find that we’ve reviewed a particular aspect of a casino unfavourably that is integral to your enjoyment and preference, then you might want to move on to a different site.
- Poor customer support - Things go wrong from time to time, and players want to know that there’s a real person out there who can help. Usually, a lack of contact options or an absence of a live chat function can indicate that a site isn’t putting player experience and satisfaction first.
- Harsh banking limits - There’s nothing unusual about having deposit and withdrawal limits, but if they’re too high then this could hamper your experience.
- Murky T&Cs - The importance of looking at the terms and conditions cannot be overstated, whether they relate to a particular promotion or the site in general. Transparency is at the heart of a great player-operator relationship, so all restrictions and requirements should be clearly stated, rather than buried in fine print.
As you’ve probably gathered, we’re all about no wagering bonuses here! A no wagering bonus is one which might produce winnings that can be withdrawn without having to re-wager them, making them generally more valuable overall.
Because we value fairness and transparency, you’ll find that all of the casinos featured on our site offer no wagering bonuses (with the exception of a few low wagering sites that we feel are worth a mention).
When choosing a casino, players will want to consider the bonuses on offer, and we can help with that. Whether they favour free spins or cashback, or even if they’re hunting for the highly sought-after no deposit and no wagering welcome offers!
Like several of the main things that set one casino apart from another, jackpots are a matter of personal choice. Whereas some players favour a game with large jackpots, others aren’t fussed.
Some jackpot slots afford players the chance to win huge sums of money on a single spin. Therefore, when selecting a casino for its jackpots, players should understand different jackpot types.
- Fixed jackpots are common, and their value never changes. Once it is triggered and won, the pot’s fixed value will be immediately replenished.
- Progressive jackpots are also relatively common. They grow over time, as a small amount of each stake placed on the specific title goes into a pot until it is triggered.
- Local jackpots are those which aren’t spread across multiple casinos, so only players on a specific site have a chance of winning.
- Network jackpots are progressive prizes that grow as players hit the spin button across a range of slots and casinos, making them typically much larger than local jackpots, but with more stiff competition.
- Other variants exist but are less common. They include ‘must-drop’ jackpots, which are guaranteed to drop once a certain time/value is reached. A good example of this is Dream Drop from Relax Gaming.
If you’re ready to try your hand at winning some huge sums of cash, take a look at our reviews of these great casino sites for jackpot slots:
Many players have their preferred developers, in which case they’ll know what to look for when choosing a new casino site. Generally, we like to see a healthy balance of classic games from well-known developers mixed in with a few left-field offerings from smaller studios.
If you come across a game you particularly enjoy, it’s worth looking at who the developer is, and what other titles they may have created.
Some of our favourite developers (and their most popular games) include:
Some of the best casinos for playing a range of top-quality games from various developers include:
For more information, check out our guide to the best slot game developers.
Design & functionality
Committing to a casino isn’t a decision to be taken lightly—it must be intuitive to use, easy to navigate, and easy on the eyes.
When compiling our reviews, we take these factors into account, but they’re worth mentioning here too, as what appeals to one player may not necessarily appeal to the next.
Before registering with a casino, it’s worth exploring its layout. If you come across any broken links or sluggish pages, this may indicate that the site isn’t built on the sturdiest technological foundations.
Conversely, if it’s easy to find what you’re looking for, and if the aesthetic design of the site is to your liking, then you may be onto a winner!
Payment methods & processing speeds
Banking methods are another matter of personal preference and each comes with its own strengths and weaknesses. E-wallets tend to strike a good balance of speed, security and convenience, but there are advantages to others too.
Virtually all casinos will support debit card payments, bank transfers, and a selection of e-wallets such as PayPal or Skrill, but some accept a vast range of different methods, including prepaid cards and others. Before settling on a particular casino, it’s worth considering which are accepted.
Payment processing times can be a real dealbreaker for some players who want their winnings in their bank account as close to instantly as possible. The fact of the matter is that it’s never really instant, and you’ll usually have to wait at least a little while, but some casinos process withdrawals much quicker than others.
Some casinos with fairly quick payment processing times include:
It’s pretty much par for the course these days that a casino offers some sort of mobile access, whether that’s in the form of a mobile-optimised version of its site, a dedicated app, or sometimes both.
Whether for killing time on a commute or just enjoying a few spins whilst watching telly at home, players will want to join a site with a decent portable solution. However, not all are equal! Some require the player to compromise, don’t run smoothly, or offer a reduced selection of games.
Our reviews examine the mobile versions of sites, so look to them for more specific information. Here are a few casinos with excellent mobile offerings: